Victor Lytvinenko

Friday, December 22, 2006

Storm Recovery Seattle



There was a strong storm which went through Seattle last week knocking out power to 1.5 million people. A friend of a friend works for a storm relief team called Recovery Logistics Incorporated, which was called to Seattle to help restore the cell phone network, and called Friday at 6pm to see if I would be available to go. I was able, and I met them two hours later with my bags to work all night loading 50 8,000lb diesel generators on to tractor trailers and then headed straight for the airport. We chartered a flight from RDU to Seattle Saturday morning.






In a day and a half we "commandeered(took over without asking)" this parking lot and set up the operation.





I work in the Logistics Command Post. We track the generators, electricians, and truckers, and have been working in 20hr shifts. Needless to say we are exhausted, but everyone is working that hard. We have made huge progress in the past few days, and now I have time to put up a post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home